Tuesday, May 8

It's ON! ... or off...depending on how you look at it


It got really warm here in SoCal starting on Saturday...so the top came down...finally....completely down.

I was taking the kids to a party, the flip top was open...I decided to see if I could add a little more fun to the drive, so I stopped o nthe side of the road and took the windows out...that was fun...but not fun enough. So, before I went into the party, I spent 20 minutes figuring out how to get the top all the way down so we could have sunny "all-z-way-a-round" (remember Hot Dog?).

Any who....a couple mistakes here or there, but it wasn't too tough. What took the longest was figuring out folding pattern. Then I realized the plastic clips basically define where to fold the top, and it was lick-ty after that.

So, now....it ON! the commute is much more enjoyable. It's fun watching the rubber necking. This vehicle is truly one of a kind.

I'll tell you one thing. You can really feel the air masses when the top is off. I commute 40 miles from Thousand Oaks into Century City and I probably go thru 4 or 5 different climate changes in 40 minutes. At my house this morning at 6am it was 69. I crossed over the hill into Westlake and there was a clear demarkation, the temp dropped to 54. once over the Calabasas grade into "the valley" the temp jumped back up to 65, and thru the Sepulveda pass the temp dropped again.

Well, that's the story this week. It's gonna get colder later this week. I'll hold out as long as I can with the top down. Friday it's gonna be near 50 in the morning....that's pretty cold.

No comments: