Monday, April 30

Neither.....Cambria Road Trip!

It was our anniversary this past weekend. I couldn't decide whether to take the WUX into the mountains or play on the beach....we ended up doing neither.

By the time we drove up the Cambria, got our massages, it was time for dinner. The next morning, we ate, walked around town, then drove home...

We had to get home at a decent hour.

Great Place in Cambria: we stayed at the Cambria Pines Lodge. We got a two room suite, which was very nice...I think all the suites are on the bluff, with balconies that overlook the town of Cambria. The Lodge was great. Apparently, it's the only place in town with any night life at all.

I found a road we could have taken on the way home...just past El Capitan Beach at Refugio State Beech. The drive is a basically fire roads all the way to highway 154 between Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez....I'll get it next time we go wine tasting.

How did the WUX do?
The wife remarked on several occasions, "This ride really isn't that bad". And she's right...Only a few fleeting moments did I think in any negative way..."yeah...it's a jeep" most of the time, we were just driving, as if we were in any other car....

....accept our TOP WAS DOWN.... woo hoo!!!!

We had several people give us looooong looks as we drove by.

Gas Mileage? on the way up the coast, the wind was against us. I think that had alot to do with our 16.5 mpg. On the way home, wind at our backs....almost 20....

Well...I should go...I'll drop in a picture of the WUX in front of the winery in a day or so.

No comments: